I hurried to find 9 things the French don’t do, just for fun and in less than 5 minutes… GOOOooo!
1) The French don’t have proms or yearbooks. So sad.
2) The French don’t shop at Target nor Walmart. They don’t even have Target or Walmart, how is that even remotely possible?
3) The French don’t say hello to strangers in the street. That’s one of the reasons why I like my life in Maryland.
4) The French don’t save in a 401(k). They still believe they will hit a jackpot called Social Security. I think the US government makes it far more obvious that it just ain’t gonna happen, baby!
5) The French don’t have cable boxes that can record their shows — also fondly referred to as DVRs over here. Now, that’s silly. Surely, that can’t be right. If it’s changed since last time I checked, I’m sure someone will tell me. Raise a hand!
6) The French don’t have “personal days”. They have enough vacation and RTTs… If you don’t know what a RTT is then, you’re missing out on the secret: The French only work 35 hours per week. If they happen to work over time, they get comp days called RTT.
7) The French don’t pick up after their dogs. Nope.
The French don’t buy fresh milk, only the brick kind (Parmalat style)
9) The French don’t play Lacrosse. Bet you they don’t know what it is. Though it sounds French, right? Don’t get fooled. Not French.
10) The French don’t rely much on credit card debt. Good for them.
It took me an extra 3 minutes. Oh wait, I found 10 things, that must be why I went overtime!!!
How did I do?
Tell me you learned something new about the French!